Teacher in charge: Prof. Alberto Bertucco
The research activities of the Microalgae Group of the Department of Industrial Engineering is focused on the optimization of the production process of microalgal biomass.
Several aspects are crucial to develop a sustainable process for biofuel production:
- Effect of light and operating variables on continuous cultivation of microalgae in Photobioreactors
- Optimization of sustainable nutrient and CO2 supply for industrial autotrophic cultivation
- Exploitation of microalgae for Wastewater treatment and CO2 capture
- Modelling of microalgae growth for process design and optimization
- Process simulation and techno-economic analysis of algal biomass production